Chocolate Peppermint Whey Protein Cookies
These chocolate peppermint whey protein cookies are the perfect way to liven up snack time (or an on the go breakfast). They’re packed with protein and are sinfully delicious. Our main key ingredient to these protein cookies is Genuine Health’s Fermented Greek Yogurt Proteins+. This unique protein powder is perfect for baking, non-clumpy and naturally sweet. To keep the cookies moist a natural cashew butter is best (plus it’s added protein). Now, I know there are a lot of recipes out there of not so great, meh, or straight to the trash worthy protein cookies…but, I promise these cool chocolate bad boys will not disappoint! Well now let’s get to it YUM YUM YUM!
- 1 cup of whey/milk/yogurt protein powder (we recommend Fermented Greek Yogurt Proteins+ vanilla flavour)
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 cups of natural cashew butter (you can use any natural butter, but it must be drippy as it is the key to keeping the cookies moist)
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 1 free range egg
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 1 handful of chocolate chips *this is an optional topping
- A little water
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line your cookie tray with parchment paper.
2. Mix cacao powder, protein powder, and coconut sugar into a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix your cashew butter, peppermint extract, and egg in a separate bowl. Please note this will be a hard to mix, but have faith as it is worth the work.
4. Add your wet mixture to the dry ingredients and knead with your hands. You should add a little water until your mixture becomes the consistency of cookie dough.
5. Spoon out 1 large tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into a ball, then flatten in between your hands. Place on your cookie sheet.
6. If you like, top the cookies with a few chocolate chips.
7. Then bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes; this allows the cookies to firm.
9. Nom Nom Nom!
10. Make sure to store your cookies in an airtight container.
By: Roselie Judd
Feelgood Natural Health Blogger