MSM originates in the oceans where microscopic plankton release sulfur compounds into seawater, which is quickly converted into dimethyl sulfide or DMS. This sulfur compound escapes into the atmosphere where it reacts with ozone and ultraviolet sunlight to create a product known as MSM. When it rains, the MSM falls to the earth, where it is collected and concentrated in plants. MSM can also be produced in a lab, where it is sometimes combined with other supplements such as glucosamine or chondroitin.
- Lowers muscle pain and spasms
- Relieves joint pain associated with osteoarthritis
- Restores joint mobility and range of motion
- Decreases inflammation
- Protects muscles from damage due to exercise
- Support internal antioxidants and reduces internal oxidative stress