Pomona’s Pectin is made in Denmark by extracting the pectin from the dried peel of citrus fruits (like lime, lemon, and orange) after the fruit is juiced and the oil is pressed out of the peel. Pomona’s pectin is 100% pure citrus pectin that is vegan and free from sugar, preservatives, dextrose, GMO, and gluten. There are no additives or apple by-products.
Now, what most people don’t know is that Pomona’s Pectin is activated by calcium, so calcium must be present in the mixture.Calcium packets are included with every purchase!
Pomona’s Pectin is shelf stable, just store it in a cool and dry airtight container.
Pomona’s Universal Pectin is called universal because it is able to jell:
- fresh fruit
- frozen fruit
- canned fruit
- fruit juice
… and you can make all these with low amounts of sweetener!
When you use Pomona’s pectin you’re able to sweeten your goods to your taste and dietary requirements.
If you have any more question about making jam or about Pomona’s Pectin check out Pomona’s Frequently Asked Questions here: http://www.pomonapectin.com/faq/
- POMONA’S PECTIN makes thick jam and jelly with rich full flavour undiluted by large amounts of added sugar. Regular fruit pectin requires jam or jelly to be 55 – 85% sugar to set firmly.
- Pomona’s is pure citrus pectin with no dextrose or preservatives. Its jelling power is activated by calcium (included), not by sugar content.
- Now you are free to make cooked jam & jelly and freezer jam sweetened to your taste with any type of sugar, honey, agave, xylitol, fruit juice concentrate, stevia, or any other sweetener.
- Pomona’s is vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Keeps Indefinitely. Store Cool & Dry.
Pomona’s Pectin is concentrated and economical – each 228g bag makes up to 180 half-pints (236ml) jars of jam. Each 454g bag makes up to 360 half-pints (236ml) jars of jam.
Retailers looking to purchase Pomona’s for the purpose or resale, please contact us with your store information.