Mastica Chios 400mg
Heal and Protect your GI Tract from Ulcers
- A health-promoting gum resin derived from the Pistacia lentiscus tree
- Helps heal and soothe peptic and gastric ulcers
- Inhibits Helicobacter pylori
- Relieves gastric and intestinal inflammation
- Ulcers (peptic and gastric)
Mastic gum is the gummy resin of the mastic tree – Pistacia lentiscus, a relative of the pistachio tree. The mastic tree is found almost exclusively on the Greek island of Chios, the birthplace of Hippocrates, the traditional father of medicine. Mastic gum has historically been used in medicine to fight gastric and intestinal inflammation.
In modern society, mastic gum has proven useful for fighting gastritis and heartburn as well as overall gastric and intestinal inflammation. Mastic gum is an excellent natural alternative for those who have experienced the negative long-term side effects of antacids, proton pump inhibitors, antibiotics and other medications that treat the symptoms of heartburn but not the cause.